Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, April 22, 2010

2Pac - All Eyez On Me



How can someone like me, a HUGE hip hop supporter - a guy that listens to all sorts of rap - old school, 90's - stays current with all new artists...how does a guy like that have a music blog for 3 months now, and not review 2Pac? Serious fail on my part. Obviously in the discussion for best rapper of all time, 2Pac did things on the mic that other emcee's wish they could dream about. Pac's lyrics were the sickest, and combining his beats with Dre made this guy a monster in the rap game. The only thing I guess I wasn't a huge fan of, was pressing these double albums instead of just focusing on maybe a dozen tracks that you liked the best and put out that record. I do tend to skip a lot of tracks on this double cd, but when you're trying to navigate through 27 tracks, that's bound to happen. I do however have the extremely daunting task of trying to pick a Top 3 out of all these gems. I could go into this huge rant about how rap 'beefs' are so stupid and about how Pac died WAY too young - but I won't. I'll save that for another day. Plus, if you really sit down and think about it - the awareness that took place after Pac and Biggie died was monumental. It's sad that it took those two tragedies, but it really changed the mindset going forward. Sure guys still argue and pull guns - but you don't see this kind of stuff happen anymore. I just wish they would attain justice for Pac's killer. Alas, great album. Listen to it - enjoy it and never put it down.

TRACK LISTING:
DISC 1:
1. Ambitionz Az A Ridah
2. All About U
3. Skandalouz
4. Got My Mind Made Up
5. How Do You Want It
6. 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted
7. No More Pain
8. Heartz Of Men
9. Life Goes On
10. Only God Can Judge Me
11. Tradin War Stories
12. California Love (Remix)
13. I Ain't Mad At Cha
14. Whatz Ya Phone #

DISC 2:
1. Can't C Me
2. Shorty Wanna Be A Thug
3. Holla At Me
4. Wonda Why They Call U Bitch
5. When We Ride
6. Thug Passion
7. Picture Me Rollin'
8. Check Out Time
9. Ratha Be Ya Nigga
10. All Eyez On Me
11. Run Tha Streetz
12. Ain't Hard 2 Find
13. Heaven Ain't Hard 2 Find

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Got My Mind Made Up
2. Ambitionz Az A Ridah
3. Picture Me Rollin'

FINAL RATING:
4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment