Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Korn - Self Titled



Normally when people think of 1994 they think of alternative rock. Grunge rock. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Soundgarden, STP etc.. What about Korn? Now I'd put them more in the metal category than alt rock, but these guys have had a ton of success and have been making really good music for a really long time. This album came out in 1994 and it doesn't get nearly the credit it deserves. A big thing for me is how songs begin. I love the way some songs build up and peek your interest to keep the track going. This record might have my favorite beginning of all time in 'Blind'. This was their first album, and it very well might be my favorite Korn work. I cannot say that I celebrate their entire catalog either, but I've heard almost everything that they've put out there. For the most part, I think they've stayed true to their metal roots over the years - they made some crazy videos and their album covers were always conversation pieces. If you're not a huge metal fan, some songs by Korn could probably be considered pop, mainly the ones that aren't super heavy. I know they got their fair share of play on MTV and on pop radio stations. You certainly wouldn't like the entire record if you're a pop fan - but check it out. You'll recognize a few songs and you may like the rest of them.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Blind
2. Ball Tongue
3. Need To
4. Clown
5. Divine
6. Faget
7. Shoots and Ladders
8. Predictable
9. Fake
10. Lies
11. Helmet in the Bush
12. Daddy

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Blind
2. Shoots and Ladders
3. Divine

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment