Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Alice Deejay - Who Needs Guitars Anyway?




I have to admit, at first it was just a clever tagline - but this whole Techno Tuesday thing is really starting to grow on me! Not only is it a bit of consistency for you, the reader, but it also gives me some hot dance tracks to look forward to every week! This Tuesday, the selection is one Alice Deejay. This happens to be the one and only album they ever put out and they have not graced a stage since back in 2002. A bit of a shame, as their tuneage was pretty good. I do need some help from the dance crowd though, as I'm running out of stuff that I enjoy and need new artists!! This album runs a little bit of emotional gambit. There are some super upbeat songs and then some real down beats that make you think. I like records that do that. The electronics used by Alice are really cool as well. Too many times dance is just about jacking the bass up to 900 and calling it a night. They use a nice amount of bass with flat out mind bending electric chords. Check out the Top 3 and see if they are your cup of tea. I hope you enjoy this one, and then enough people can revolt and make Alice Deejay toss out another record!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Back in My Life
2. Better off Alone
3. Celebrate Our Love
4. Lonely One, The
5. Who Needs Guitars Anyway?
6. Will I Ever
7. Elements of Life
8. Fairy Tales
9. Waiting for Your Love
10. No More Lies
11. I Can See (See It in Your Eyes)
12. Everything Begins With an E
13. Got to Get Away
14. Alice Deejay

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Better Off Alone
2. Will I Ever
3. Got To Get Away

FINAL RATING:
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment