Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Friday, April 9, 2010

Pearl Jam - Ten



This is really hard for me to talk about. I mean, I have this music blog in which I talk about how much I LOVE music and how it's something that gets me not only through my day, but gets me through life. I think we all can point to music to describe moments and sections of our lives. And I feel that our mood can be totally altered by music. If your environment puts you in a bad mood, nothing can cheer you up faster than listening to your favorite song. Just turning it up as loud as it goes and drifting away - forgetting all of life's problems. And with this, as studious and open as I am and as loving of all music as I am -- I have one thing to admit:

I don't really care for Pearl Jam.

I know...I know...blasphemous! Well, they just don't really do it for me. I respect them like I respect any band that changed music as much as these guys. No question they're super talented, they have great music - they're just not in my Top 50. For those that know them, they loathe the spotlight and prefer to stay out of the mainstream. They do a great job at putting on many shows for fans, and putting the shows recording out for commercial release. Smart. Since I'm not a huge fan, I'll just start with their first record. Some people might tell you it's one of the best records of all time, I'm going to tell you otherwise. Feel free to let me know why you now want to punch me in the face.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Once
2. Even Flow
3. Alive
4. Why Go
5. Black
6. Jeremy
7. Oceans
8. Porch
9. Garden
10. Deep
11. Release

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Black
2. Alive
3. Oceans

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

4 comments:

  1. can i punch you in the face just because? : )

    all i have to say is that i just don't understand how you've never loved pearl jam! there is something wrong with you, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No.

    I guess they never phased me like they did other bands. I think Ten is a really good album regardless. I think their more current stuff is less good. I haven't listened to all of it, but it doesn't have the same great sound as Ten or Vs. - even Vitalogy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha.. Sweet post. All music isnt for everyone! Pearl Jam is my alltime fave! Definately in the top 5 live bands of our time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there grizaham!

    Thanks for the comment!

    I can completely understand why anyone would love Pearl Jam. I think you and about a million other people would agree they are the best of all time. I love Eddie V's vocals and I enjoy listening to a lot of their songs. I just groove to other '90s bands more.

    Thanks again for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete