Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Enya - Watermark



So, in the very rare occurrence, I like to listen to something super slow, and maybe even instrumental. I've always been a huge fan of the piano - I never learned how to play it, but I love to listen to it. For some reason, it has an intense calming effect on me. Enya is probably one of the most recognizable names when it comes to slow, brooding piano tracks. Plus as a bonus, I'm classifying this as my 'odd' review of the week! I kind of dig this. As stated, I wouldn't go out of my way to toss this on, but it's not bad. It reminds of getting a massage or sitting at a beautiful Hawaiian beach. The only problem I personally have this this type of tuneage, is it inspires too much thought. If I put this on while working, I'd end up getting nothing done as I'd just continue to drift off in wonder. It's good for that too though, as if I had a big life decision to make - I could easily toss this on and end up thinking more clearly. I'd say if you're a fan of this genre, check Watemark out. It certainly has my vote as an album that could really change your mood. If you're in position to, drift away to this one today.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Watermark
2. Cursum Perficio - (Latin)
3. On Your Shore
4. Storms in Africa
5. Exile
6. Miss Clare Remembers
7. Orinoco Flow
8. Evening Falls...
9. River
10. Longships, The
11. Na Laetha Gael M'Oige - (Irish Gaelic)
12. Storms in Africa, Pt. 2

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Orinoco Flow
2. The Longships
3. Exile

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment