Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Friday, April 9, 2010

Damien Rice - O



Chalk this up to another band I got to hear in a strange way. I was watching the movie "Closer" with Natalie Portman, Jude Law etc...and I loved the movie - but the ending of the movie culminated with this great Damien Rice track called "The Blowers Daughter". It was a perfect ending to a really good movie and the song summed up the emotions that probably everyone who saw it that day was thinking. Not even due to the lyrics really, just the vocal performance and the raw emotion that Mr. Rice was tapping into. I immediately went out and bought this record when I found out what and who it was. Needless to say, this album is pretty solid. I'm guessing most of you folks haven't heard of it - so check it out. It's a very slow, emotional type album, that will certainly not get out up and dancing. As I always say, if you're just in that 'mood', go and put this on. You'll enjoy the hauntingly slow guitar work and the passionate vocals by either him or the other vocalists on the cd. It's not the best album I've ever heard - but it's a nice change of pace on a rainy day. Check it out, especially the Top 3.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Delicate
2. Volcano
3. Blower's Daughter, The
4. Cannonball
5. Older Chests
6. Amie
7. Cheers Darlin'
8. Cold Water
9. I Remember
10. Eskimo

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. The Blower's Daughter
2. Cheers Darlin'
3. Eskimo

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment