Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, April 19, 2010

Ke$ha - Animal



Wow. Just....wow.

So, I'm going from creating my Top 100 of the '90s - which for the most part were some of my favorite songs of all time in my favorite genres. Then I go to Ke$ha, which is really, quite simply - awful. I mean, in theory I should have known it would be terrible since, how many reputable artists replace s's with dollar signs? I could go on another huge rant about what's wrong with pop music, but I'll do that some other time. I can't even blame her too much, she did write the music - but some producer actually listened to this and thought - "WOW, this blew my mind!" I don't get it. You can tell she's trying to span genres by appealing to the teens, the pop fans and then the dance crowd. I'm sure she'll continue to be huge with the first two - but I don't think it's nearly groovy enough to hit the good dance clubs. I implore everyone, please listen to the track "Dinosaur". It is EASILY one of the WORST songs I've ever heard. Again, any track that the artist spells words - probably not going to be a gem. Just an FYI there. I would leave you with an ENJOY, or some quip, but instead I'm too sad and angry.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Your Love is My Drug
2. Tiktok
3. Take it Off
4. Ki$$ N Tell
5. Stephen
6. Blah Blah Blah
7. Hungover
8. Party at a Rich Dude's House
9. Back$tabber
10. Blind
11. D.I.N.O.$.A.U.R.
12. Dancing With Tears in My Eyes
13. Boots & Boys
14. Animal

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Animal
2. Blah Blah Blah
3. Your Love Is My Drug

FINAL RATING:
.5 out of 5 stars

9 comments:

  1. i can't believe you even gave it a half star. that fkn tik tok song is so awful, and every time i am subjected to it i think 'this chick just sounds like a who-rrible, self centered, whiney brat.' and who would use mick jagger as a standard by which other dudes' looks are judged? and why doesn't 'stephen' get a $? is he not special enough? stephen is probably gay, and that's why he's not calling her. that, or he just can't take her whiney nasally voice anymore. and i like how 'hungover' sounds like it's trying to be some inspirational ballad. i think i would rather listen to katy perry for two days straight than this trash. at least katy perry has a passable singing voice.

    BUT, not all songs that spell words are bad - D.I.V.O.R.C.E. by tammy wynette? come on, that's a country classic. but on the flip side, you have 'this shit is B-A-N-A-N-A-S,' so it's really a wash there...

    i have just finished all the clips of this album and i think i need to purge with some metal. or a wire coat hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can't officially give it a 0, since it exists. Obviously I think it's awful and I do not understand why anyone would have gone out and bought this. I really hope someone speaks up about this post and defends the record - only because I want to know that Ke$ha actually has fans. I can't seem to find anyone that enjoys the tuneage.

    I think you're also forgetting Fergie's spelling in music. By your account, that now heavily favors spelling in songs as awful.

    Yep...I had to take a shower after I listened to the record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, i have something worse than ke-dollarsign-ha: sample something by millionaires. particularly the song 'alcohol,' where in they proceed to spell out the word alcohol like cheerleaders with no talent. oh, it's so bad. i thought G-L-O-R-I-A had brought us back to a wash, but now i feel like millionaires have tipped the scale to a level from which we cannot recover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think Fergie spelling out T to the A to the S-T-E-Y girl you tasty is WAY worse. It's one thing to spell - which is awful to begin with, but spell the world wrong? WTF? Do they have proofreaders on set?

    And come on...who the hell spells out dinosaur? I can't even continue to type, I'm getting too angry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh doesn't fergie ferg spell out 'glamourous' in a song too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably. If she wasn't so hot...I'd hate her! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh NO!!! Ke$ha contemplating a country album!!! NOOOOO!!
    http://www.theboot.com/2010/07/27/kesha-country-music/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lovely. I expect you to give me a full review!!

    ReplyDelete