Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream



A follower of mine was discussing how one of her biggest regrets was never going to a Pumpkins show in her life so far. I have to say, these guys put on a pretty solid show. It made me realize that I've never put anything of theirs out on the B Side!! Better late than never I suppose. I could have started with Gish, which is one of my faves, but I figured I'd start with a record that would receive a more favorable review. I think I may like Mellon Collie a little better, but this was up there with some of the earliest music I ever purchased. I still toss it in fairly often to this day. It seems like a lot of folks talk about the Pumpkins and talk about how they enjoy their tunes, but I don't hear it all that often. If I'm over at someones place and there is ambiance music in the background - it's very rarely ever Smashing Pumpkins. That's kind of sad. They have made a ton of good music over the years. Personally I feel they peaked a bit with Mellon Collie - but that's just the way I feel. Adore and the following didn't have the classic vibe to them - and I think those albums were a little weaker on their discography. They put one out sometime in late 2009 called Teargarden by Kaleidyscope, but I honestly don't think I've heard anything off of it. If you're casual fan, check out their Rarities and B-Sides too. They do a great cover of Landslide and You're All I've Got Tonight. Happy listening!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Cherub Rock
2. Quiet
3. Today
4. Hummer
5. Rocket
6. Disarm
7. Soma
8. Geek U.S.A.
9. Mayonaise
10. Spaceboy
11. Silverfuck
12. Sweet Sweet
13. Luna

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Cherub Rock
2. Today
3. Disarm

FINAL RATING:
4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment