Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Green Day - Dookie



As much as I may talk about how much I love rap, mood music etc, etc...boy do I love the alternative rock revolution from the '90s. I've been jamming hard on this genre lately and it's amazing to me how great the music was - and how lucky folks in my age bracket were to grow up listening to this type of tuneage. Similar to Smash, this was the 2nd album I ever owned, and still am in love with it to this day. Green Day has since gotten fairly political and their albums are still really good - but I don't think they have the smash to your face that Dookie does. I'll of course eventually review their entire discography, but this is probably my favorite album of theirs. Insomniac was better than people give it credit for - and the only one I really don't like is 'Warning'. I say this a lot, but if for any reason you haven't heard this record - please, I beg you, go get it. I promise you'll enjoy this cd start to finish. Go right now, to any store that sells music - and buy it. Put it directly into your car cd player, and listen to it. Even if you've heard this 1,000 times already - put it back in. You'll remember just how awesome it is. There is no doubt that this will get your through your Tuesday in style!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Burnout
2. Having A Blast
3. Chump
4. Longview
5. Welcome To Paradise
6. Pulling Teeth
7. Basket Case
8. She
9. Sassafras Roots
10. When I Come Around
11. Coming Clean
12. Emenius Sleepus
13. In The End
14. F.O.D.
15. All By Myself (Hidden Track)

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. When I Come Around
2. Burnout
3. Longview

FINAL RATING:
4.75 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. LOVED this album! (though i think i'd have to put 'she' in my top 3)
    This album was probably the beginning of my 90s alternative rock listening experience and most likely one of the reasons i love this genre so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a really good song. I had that as my song of the moment a while back. I really like Burnout for some reason, and Longview has that crazy baseline that always gets me going.

    Great record. Great representation of music at that time.

    ReplyDelete