Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, April 22, 2010

George Strait - Blue Clear Sky



Country day strikes back with George Strait today. This appeared to be his best selling record at three times platinum - so I figured I'd give it a whirl. This is again very similar to the country that I've been reviewing lately. For some reason this record seems to annoy me a lot less than most others. Maybe it's something to do with Mr. Strait and not specifically this record? I have no clue. This is honestly the first Strait album I've ever heard, and I don't think I've ever heard any of his singles. I again - still wouldn't actively listen to it, but it's not that bad. If I was jamming to my country playlist on my iPod, I don't think I'd skip a few of the tracks and that is really saying something for me. The same ol, same ol still irritate me - songs sound the same quite often and the vocals are always that very deep, accented country pitch. The lyrics seem pretty standard in the country realm - so nothing too different there. I guess start to finish it had a slightly different feel than most stuff I've been reviewing lately, so I'll give it a slightly higher mark. Happy Thursday!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Blue Clear Sky
2. Carried Away
3. Rockin' in the Arms of Your Memory
4. She Knows When You're on My Mind
5. I Ain't Never Seen No One Like You
6. I Can Still Make Cheyenne
7. King of the Mountain
8. Do the Right Thing
9. I'd Just as Soon Go
10. Need I Say More

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. King Of The Mountain
2. Blue Clear Sky
3. Carried Away

FINAL RATING:
2.75 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite Strait album and the country music industry liked it too - it was 1996 CMA and ACM Album of the Year!! The first single from the album, the title cut, was #1 on BB for 2 weeks and the 2nd single, Carried Away, was #1 on BB for 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Anonymous!

    Yeah, I could understand that. I could definitely see this album being huge with Country fans all over! How do you think this stacks up against more modern country? Since I have no clue who you are, I don't know what your tastes are - but do you groove on this style more than say a Zac Brown or Lady Antebellum? Just curious how country fans view the sub-dividers between the genre.

    ReplyDelete