Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, April 12, 2010

Disturbed - The Sickness



Time to rocket into Monday with some metal! This isn't your grandfathers type of hard rock right here though - this is a breed that's heavy, loud, in your face and lyrically gifted. It's neat when you listen to a metal track and want to go back to listen to the lyrics closer. I picked this up shortly after it came out, and was very impressed. This album (and the band for that matter) don't get the credit they deserve. This is a decade old now, and you can still pop it in and sing along to the great tracks. Sometimes groups fall victim to overpopulation to a certain genre, and maybe that's what happened here. Critics often want to compare them to Korn, Limp, Rage, NIN etc...but I don't want to lump them into that category. If we're painting with extremely wide brushstrokes, sure they all fit into metal - but listen closely to all those bands, and I think you'll find they all have a different and unique sound. Celebrate the decade old 'Sickness' one more time!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Voices
2. Game, The
3. Stupify
4. Down with the Sickness
5. Violence Fetish
6. Fear
7. Numb
8. Want
9. Conflict
10. Shout 2000
11. Droppin' Plates
12. Meaning of Life

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Voices
2. Down With The Sickness
3. Stupify

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I feel like this is a low rating for this album.

    Also, when I listen to this album, Droppin' Plates always gets stuck in my head. Just seeing the song title has popped the song in there now. Very annoying. Worst song on the record, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's tough. If you think about 3.5 as being 'above average' then maybe it's more fair?

    While I do enjoy the whole album, the top 3 I chose are my favorites, and the ones I listen to most. Droppin Plates is indeed, not good. Maybe it's just me, but some of the record seems like it gets repetitive too. To be honest, I'm not even a huge fan of Stupify - but I didn't think any other tracks deserved the Top 3 honor.

    ReplyDelete