Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Offspring - Smash



Okay, okay, okay...so I have to come clean before I even start. The truth is, this could be one of the worst records ever made - I'd still love it because this was the FIRST cd I ever owned. My parents spent a lot of money on a really nice cd player in the late 80's. It had great sound, and a great set of commercial headphones to go with it. I picked this album up, and everyday after school I'd sit with the phones on and groove to it. I really love this record. Start to finish I feel like it's impossible to put down. I have not enjoyed any of their albums after Smash, Ixnay was alright but the rest were just too hard to listen to. Everyone has heard 'Esteem' and 'Come Out and Play', but this whole thing is really good. It's also another cd to listen to it track by track with no shuffle. I'm not sure if they intended the arrangement to be so good or not, but it really worked. I might give you a top 3 without the two super popular tracks just so you listen to everything here. That might be tough though, those are both really good songs. The bottom line is, if you already have this record - listen to it today. You will coast to the weekend if you toss this on. If you're unfamiliar with this record and all you know is Original Prankster, get this one. You won't be disappointed! After all, music soothes even the savage beast.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Time to Relax
2. Nitro (Youth Energy)
3. Bad Habit
4. Gotta Get Away
5. Genocide
6. Something to Believe In
7. Come Out and Play (Keep 'Em Separated)
8. Self Esteem
9. It'll Be a Long Time
10. Killboy Powerhead
11. What Happened to You?
12. So Alone
13. Not the One
14. Smash

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Smash
2. Self Esteem
3. Not The One

FINAL RATING:
4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment