Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hole - Nobody's Daughter



Here is the continuation of 'New Music Tuesday' as Hole dropped Nobody's Daughter today. I have to admit, I absolutely LOVED the 'Live Through This' record and would have reviewed that very soon had this not come up. They haven't put any records out since 1998's 'Celebrity Skin'. The reunion brought on this record, which at first listen seems pretty solid. It's got a sound more similar to This as opposed to Skin...which is a GREAT thing. I think the passion vocals are what made it so great, and this focuses on similar principles and maybe even better lyrics. Courtney Love wrote all the tracks on the record, and it's clear she's writing about all the crazy stuff she's gone through in life. She also gave a couple co-writer credits to Billy Corgan of the Pumpkins. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of her since I feel she drove Cobain to kill himself, but that's a different post. I wish there would be a little more arrangement musically here, as most tracks are a simply guitar strum and lyrics. There are a couple neat tracks with the piano though, and that helps break up the album so it's not so similar track over track. I think this is worth checking out - especially if you were a Hole fan back in the day. It's better than Skin for sure, and I'll have to listen to it 20 more times before I can really compare it to their older stuff. Until then, take it in and let me know how you feel about it!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Nobody's Daughter
2. Skinny Little Bitch
3. Honey
4. Pacific Coast Highway
5. Samantha
6. Someone Else's Bed
7. For Once In Your Life
8. Letter To God
9. Loser Dust
10. How Dirty Girls Get Clean
11. Never Go Hungry

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Nobody's Daughter
2. Letter To God
3. Someone Else's Bed OR For Once In Your Life

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment