Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Young Jeezy - Thug Motivation 101



From Aqualung to Young Jeezy - that could be my new slogan for the blog. Not only is it close to spanning the alphabet, but it's such a change of music pace - which I'm all about. This is another record I bought in 2005, same as S&B. I picked this up as pretty much an impulse buy when I was at Target one day. I had a bunch of errands to run and I didn't have any cd's with me in the car. Since I pretty much loathe the radio (as most of you know), I had to pick up something. I think I'd heard 1, maybe 2 tracks from this album. I had only heard Jeezy one other time, which was on a Trick Daddy track from his Thug Matrimony record. I remembered thinking this guy could blow up, but boy did I underestimate him. I tossed this record in, and I never put it down to this day. One of the best hip hop records of all time start to finish. He's put out 2 more albums since TM101, and will soon be releasing TM103 this year. I'm sure you've heard a couple singles from this, but those probably are the less solid songs here. The ones I like most never saw any real radio play. If you at all enjoy rap, you'll honestly love this album. Even if you're not a hip hop fan, I think you'll groove to a couple tracks on here. Who knows, you may even get up and shake ya groove thang!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Thug Motivation 101
2. Standing Ovation
3. Gangsta Music
4. Let's Get It/Sky's the Limit
5. And Then What
6. Go Crazy
7. Last of a Dying Breed
8. My Hood
9. Bottom of the Map
10. Get Ya Mind Right
11. Trap Star
12. Bang
13. Don't Get Caught
14. Soul Survivor
15. Trap or Die
16. Tear It Up
17. That's How Ya Feel
18. Talk to Em
19. Air Forces (Bonus Track)

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Thug Motivation 101
2. Go Crazy
3. Standing Ovation

FINAL RATING:
4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment