Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, April 5, 2010

White Stripes - Elephant



Phew...thinking about it today, the first time I heard the White Stripes was on Last Night with Conan O'Brien a long time ago. I remember thinking they had a pretty unique style compared to other artists at the time. I think that still pretty much holds true, as they might blend styles - their sound is still a little different compared to what else is out there today. I can't portray myself as a big time Stripes guy - but I do like to throw them on every so often. I really have to be in a certain mood to enjoy them to the fullest. You can never get tired of 'Seven Nation Army' though, because that song is just outstanding. I feel like they put out an energy into their albums that is almost unmatched by other punk-ish style artists. They remind me of The Strokes from that standpoint. If you have never heard these guys, give it a go. I think you'll be interested in what they've got going on. Even if you don't rush out to pick up their records - you can at least respect the music they're making. I'd put myself in that boat. At the very least, check out the samples and see if it's something that peaks your interest. I think you might be surprised. Enjoy your Monday!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Seven Nation Army
2. Black Math
3. There's No Home For You Here
4. I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself
5. In The Cold, Cold, Night
6. I Want To Be The Boy To Warm Your Mother's Heart
7. You've Got Her In Your Pocket
8. Ball And Biscuit
9. Hardest Button To Button, The
10. Little Acorns
11. Hypnotize
12. Air Near My Fingers, The
13. Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine
14. Well It's True That We Love One Another

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks
1. Seven Nation Army
2. Hypnotize
3. Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine

FINAL RATING:
4 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. WHAT? Jack White NOT in a side project?

    In order to truly appreciate this album, one needs to watch the videos that sprang forth from it. They're even better if viewed while high.

    I had the opportunity to bar tend for the White Stripes at the Modjeska Theater (remember when they used to do shows? I do) right before they hit it big on the MTV VMA's... and what you hear on the album is what you hear live... BUT LOUDER. Its amazing how much raw noise can come from TWO PEOPLE.

    Well played, good sir. Well played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do recall a couple of the videos being very good. I'll have to pull them up again sometime. Not sure about watching them high, as I've been drug free since '83.

    I completely agree with you. I've never saw them in person live, but even watching shows they perform on - their energy is incredible. I recall watching them on Conan, thinking that two people were going to create some 'Endless Love' type nonsense, but then what came out of the television box was absolute delight. I know they don't do live shows much, but if they came around, I'd go to see them.

    Thanks again for posting!

    ReplyDelete