Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Robert Randolph - Unclassified



Every week I try to put something on the blog that I label as "odd", and that simply means I'm hoping it's something that you've never heard of before. All of them so far have been random bands that I know of and enjoy - but at some point I'll end up putting bands on here that aren't as good. Keeping up with really good bands, enter pedal steel guitar playing Robert Randolph and the Family Band. This trio has been making very good music for almost a decade. They only have 2 studio album releases, and this one should be a mainstay on any music playing device. Another band that has an incredibly unique sound that you're not going to hear anywhere else. I think some of you will be surprised when you listen that you've probably heard one or two of these tracks randomly in your life somewhere. It's family friendly music that literally everyone can jam out to. No question these guys have a ton of talent as they've opened for some HUGE acts - including Eric Clapton at the Bradley Center when I went back in 2001. They also were on the Experience Hendrix bill at the Riverside last month. If I recall correctly, they played 'Purple Haze' and really performed well. Even if you never buy an album of theirs, if they come to your town - go to the show. It's a great atmosphere with great music and everyone in the building will be out of their seats, having a blast. Enjoy!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Going In The Right Direction
2. I Need More Love
3. Nobody
4. Soul Refreshing
5. Squeeze
6. Smile
7. Good Times (3 Stroke)
8. Why Should I Feel Lonely
9. Calypso
10. Problems
11. Run for Your Life

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Going In The Right Direction
2. Calypso
3. Nobody

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment