Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Alter Bridge - One Day Remains



Back in the day, I was a pretty big Creed follower. Their My Own Prison album (which I'll review someday) was one of my favorites. Creed started to kinda go down in quality and obviously disbanded. That opened up Alter Bridge to form, and this was their debut. They're set to release their 3rd studio album sometime this year as well. As I've made well known, I don't listen to much radio - but I don't recall hearing this all that much back then, and still not today. There are some really good tunes if you weed through some of the weaker stuff. I feel like this record is a little better than the follow up Blackbird, but neither one is going to make you rush out to an Alter Bridge show. If you liked Creed, it's got a similar feel - great power guitar, good vocals, decent lyrics and solid arrangements. Take a peek at the samples and let me know what you think. I'm guessing a few of you haven't ever heard this stuff before and who knows, maybe you'll like it?

TRACK LISTING:
1. Find the Real
2. One Day Remains
3. Open Your Eyes
4. Burn It Down
5. Metalingus
6. Broken Wings
7. In Loving Memory
8. Down to My Last
9. Watch Your Words
10. Shed My Skin
11. End Is Here, The

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Open Your Eyes
2. Metalingus
3. Broken Wings

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment