Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, March 29, 2010

Jason Derulo - Self Titled



Monday morning brings me to the pop genre once again with Mr. Derulo. This album is starting to generate a little steam with a couple singles hitting the radio. He's got a similar feel to Chris Brown if you're into that type of tuneage. Very upbeat, dance type pop music - I'd be surprised if there wasn't already some mixes out there that they play at the clubs of at least 3 songs on this record. Whatcha Say was the iTunes single of the week a few months ago, and it also happened to be the video for free. The video is kind of neat, I watched it on the plane a couple times. The song itself is alright too - I find myself singing it every now and again in my head. Other than that though, this again lacks any major substance, and the fact you could close your eyes and you'd really think it was Chris Brown means this gets a couple points docked. Pop fans would probably really enjoy this one, it's not my favorite - but not the worst either. I think he shows some potential, I'd like to see him callabo with a rapper in the future.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Whatcha Say
2. Ridin' Solo
3. In My Head
4. Sky's the Limit, The
5. What If
6. Love Hangover
7. Encore
8. Fallen
9. Blind

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Whatcha Say
2. In My Head
3. The Sky's The Limit

FINAL RATING:
2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment