Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Freestylers - We Rock Hard



Sometimes it's the debut album of a band that really sticks out the most in your head. This is the case with the Freestylers. These guys are a British techno group that first rocked the house in 1998. I cannot sit here and tell you that I'm an expert on their work, but I did and still do enjoy We Rock Hard. Pretty solid beats, some actual lyrics to go along with the dance style and somewhat of a break from hard techno stuff makes these guys a should listen to type of band. They'll definitely rock your socks off with a couple tracks, but if you're not the dance tuneage type, don't rush out to pick this one up tomorrow. These came around the Fatboy, Chemical Bros, Crystal Method phase, and I would not put them up in that limelight. Sort of a second tier of dance type I suppose, but maybe they have just gotten better with age. I'll keep them on my list as they've put out 3 more records since this one.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Freestlye Noize
2. Dancehall Vibes
3. Drop The Boom
4. Don't Stop
5. Here We Go
6. B-Boy Stance
7. We Rock Hard
8. Breaker Beats Part 1
9. Spaced Invader
10. Ruffneck
11. Feel The Panic
12. Check The Skillz
13. Warning

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Don't Stop
2. Drop The Boom
3. Here We Go

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment