Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Friday, March 19, 2010

Beyonce - B'Day



A little pop in your step for Friday morning. To be honest, my plan was to review a Beyonce record, but it was going to be the Sasha Fierce one - not this. However, I can't find any links for samples, so this had to do. I was told that Sasha was a really solid album, and that even I would like it...while uncertain about that - I can safely tell you I did not like this one. I've heard most of the songs as singles on the radio for B'Day, and they're just played out pop songs for me. As usual, no substance and not even good beats. The idea that Jay-Z is on two tracks here is a little mind blowing. I'm a huge Jay fan, but even he couldn't save what are some pretty bad songs. Beyonce as a person seems great, her performances that I've seen are usually very artistic and creative. I just don't think her actual tunes are anything special whatsoever. If I can ever find the samples, I'll do Sasha Fierce and maybe that will end in a better review fate. Until then, enjoy the awful.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Deja Vu
2. Get Me Bodied
3. Suga Mama
4. Upgrade U
5. Ring the Alarm
6. Kitty Kat
7. Freakum Dress
8. Green Light
9. Irreplaceable
10. Resentment

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Irreplaceable
2. Upgrade U
3. Ring The Alarm

FINAL RATING:
1 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment