Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Friday, March 19, 2010

Nirvana - Unplugged In New York



So this is a little hard for me to admit, but I was never a huge Nirvana fan growing up. I mean, I enjoyed their music a lot, but I've always had them in the backseat to other 90's artists. That all changed in about 2003 or so when I really sat down and listened to this Unplugged album. I'm not sure if it's Cobain's unedited voice, if it's Grohl's outstanding drumming or just the acoustic version of already good songs that made this great - but this is easily one of the best albums ever made. This is actually what I'm talking about with artists nowadays, if a harder band did a cool change of pace thing like this, I'd love to hear it. Seems like it's all about the money, and not always stepping out of your comfort zone. (which is another reason I liked 808's so much) Anyway, it's awesome. If you don't own it, buy it. If you've never heard it, shame on you! If you have a pulse and you like music, this is certain to make you happy. It's not fair since this is kind of a 'greatest hits' compilation, but this is substantially better than any other Nirvana record out there. If you've never heard much of them, start with this then work your way to the other stuff. Note that some tracks are covers, but most of them you'll hear unacoustic and much faster/heavier. What a great way to celebrate Friday!

TRACK LISTING:
1. About a Girl
2. Come as You Are
3. Jesus Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam
4. Man Who Sold the World, The
5. Pennyroyal Tea
6. Dumb
7. Polly
8. On a Plain
9. Something in the Way
10. Plateau
11. Oh, Me
12. Lake of Fire
13. All Apologies
14. Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Oh, Me
2. Dumb
3. Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

FINAL RATING:
5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment