Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends



Lumping bands and songs into just a few genres can be kind of dangerous, but that's exactly what I've been attempting to do. I'm trying to space out so I don't go too nuts on my sweet spot genres like hip hop and classic rock. So I've got a category called 'punk' that I've lumped Killers, My Chemical Romance, White Stripes etc in. Well, I'm putting Taking Back Sunday in that category too. I guess it's like an emo type music, but whatever. The system has flaws but the end goal is I think being achieved. A friend of mine tossed this recommendation my way a LONG time ago. Sometime in 2006 I think. I don't listen often, but I've been tuned in to the band since then. They've put out 3 more record I think since then, and none of them tickled me silly. This was probably the one I find listening to the most singles off of, but that might not be saying much. Just when I think they're lyrically solid, they make a really dumb song that you can't follow. Their guitar work is pretty good and some drum beats are solid as well. Other than that, I've never seen them live - but I heard they really lack luster there too. Check out the Top 3 and make a call on that. You may want to pick out some more TBS stuff, or you may want to wait until the next review.

TRACK LISTING:
1. You Know How I Do
2. Bike Scene
3. Cute Without the "E" (Cut From the Team)
4. There's No "I" In Team
5. Great Romances of the 21st Century
6. Ghost Man on Third
7. Timberwolves at New Jersey
8. Blue Channel, The
9. You're So Last Summer
10. Head Club
11. Ballad of Sal Villanueva, The

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. You're So Last Summer
2. There's No I In Team
3. Cute Without The E

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment