Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Slipknot - Self Titled



Phew...went from Jack Johnson to Slipknot today. As a random viewer of the blog, you may be wondering what the heck is up with my selections. Well...basically I try to cover a little of everything. I've always been a huge advocate of branching out and trying new music. I went through a pretty big metal stage in high school, and Slipknot was on my list. They're pretty crazy and their music is definitely a reflection of their views. As a casual metal observer nowadays, I'm not sure I actively toss this in my cd player anymore..but there are a couple tracks that still can pump you up. I realize this is typically a love it or hate it genre, but I really am in the middle. As much as I think this music can motivate and get the blood flowing, I also think a lot of bands are just screaming and noises. Slipknot goes both ways for me. I'll need to review some newer stuff that I haven't heard, but for now this classic will have to do. If you're not a metal fan - feel free to skip this one.

TRACK LISTING:
1. 7426100027
2. (Sic)
3. Eyeless
4. Wait and Bleed
5. Surfacing
6. Spit It Out
7. Tattered & Torn
8. Me Inside
9. Liberate
10. Prosthetics
11. No Life
12. Diluted
13. Only One
14. Scissors

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Wait And Bleed
2. Spit It Out
3. Scissors

FINAL RATING:
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment