Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon



Since I referenced Dark Side on the Moby review yesterday, I figured I'd toss this up there. There isn't a whole lot new to say about this record, if you haven't heard it - listen to it. If you've heard it a thousand times, listen to it again. It's very unique in the sense there is gapless motion between tracks, leading the listener to think it's just one super long song. I can't immediately recall another cd that has that. This is definitely in the discussion for best album of all time, and the very worst 5th in my opinion. There are certain days when I'd put it number one of all time, usually just after I listen to it again, not on my iPod but the actual record, and enjoy it's mastery. It will be very hard to pick a top 3, just because of what I mentioned above. They flow so well together, it's tough to single out a certain section. Don't listen to the stereotype, you don't have to be a stoner to love Floyd, and if you're just a music nut, this record will blow your mind. Enjoy!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Speak to Me
2. Breathe
3. On the Run
4. Time
5. Great Gig in the Sky, The
6. Money
7. Us and Them
8. Any Colour You Like
9. Brain Damage
10. Eclipse

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Us And Them
2. Money
3. The Great Gig In The Sky

FINAL RATING:
5+ out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. May also recommend going to a laser show of the whole album. You don't have to be a stoner for this either! You just missed one on Feb. 20th at Riverside Theater. I'm sure it will be back though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Jen!

    I saw a Floyd laser type show in Madison back in 2006. It was indeed very cool! The crowd was a little weak, it would have been nice to go to a packed house. If you hear of it coming back to Milwaukee, let me know!

    ReplyDelete