Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sublime - Self Titled



Chalk up yet another album in which I initially picked it up just due to one song. When 'What I Got' dropped - this seemed like a must have. Typically, it seems whenever I buy something just based on one track, I almost always get the quickest feeling of buyers remorse possible. But once in a very long while, it works the other way. Book this record as one of those instances. After well over a decade of listening to this, What I Got isn't going to make my Top 3 list. There are just too many other good tracks on here that I listen to way more often. Obviously Sublime isn't making more tuneage, but I feel this is the standard for any record by them. And again, another '90s band that had a totally different sound than anything I had heard before. The guitar work, the lyrics, some use of horns in different songs - really catchy yet solid pieces of music history. If you haven't heard this one start to finish, do yourself a favor and slap yourself across the face, and then treat yourself to some gold.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Garden Grove
2. What I Got (Remix)
3. Wrong Way
4. Same in the End
5. April 29, 1992 (Miami)
6. Santeria
7. Seed
8. Jailhouse
9. Pawn Shop
10. Paddle Out
11. Ballad Of Johnny Butt, The
12. Burritos
13. Under My Voodoo
14. Get Ready
15. Caress Me Down
16. What I Got
17. Doin' Time

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Pawn Shop
2. Santeria
3. Doin' Time

FINAL RATING:
4.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment