Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Moby - Play



This one brings back some great memories for me. This might be the first album (with the exception of Dark Side of the Moon) that really taught me what musical arrangements and the entire concept of an album were. This record is masterful start to finish and the order in which Moby put songs track to track. A lot of this is slow, entrancing type music, but it's very well done. There are some peppier tracks on here - but those typically are not my favorites. Sometimes you just get in that mood where you want to listen to this type of music (or at least I do). This came out over 10 years ago, and I think there are just a handful of records that compare to how well Play is put together. You may not enjoy the style of Moby, but listen to it start to finish and don't let it shuffle. You'll feel like you've just drifted away and about an hour later, feel like you've been taken for a ride to music heaven. Give artists like Moby a chance, you seriously might turn yourself on to another genre.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Honey
2. Find My Baby
3. Porcelain
4. Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?
5. South Side
6. Rushing
7. Bodyrock
8. Natural Blues
9. Machete
10. 7
11. Run On
12. Down Slow
13. If Things Were Perfect
14. Everloving
15. Inside
16. Guitar, Flute & String
17. Sky Is Broken
18. My Weakness

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Porcelain
2. My Weakness
3. Natural Blues

FINAL RATING:
5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment