Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Zac Brown Band - The Foundation



Country day is back, and back with the Zac Brown Band. This was listed as 'contemporary country' which got me fairly excited since I'm typically not a fan of that old school stuff. You may recall I reviewed the Lady Antebellum cd last week...and that was very favorable with me. This didn't quite live up to that expectation though. It had a slightly different feel, but it wasn't contemporary in the idea having a solid beat and then different style of vocals. The music was maybe a little bit more fast paced, but the overall sound wasn't all that much different than the older country that doesn't fancy me ear. It's definitely a step up from maybe a Conway Twitty or Alan Jackson to me, but it's not something I'd actively toss on. Looks like these fellas are fairly new, their oldest record I can find is from 2005 - so maybe they're still finding themselves creatively. Maybe I'll check out some of their older stuff at some point too. They've got potential, but this one isn't my cup o' tea.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Toes
2. Whatever It Is
3. Where The Boat Leaves From
4. Violin Intro To Free
5. Free
6. Chicken Fried
7. Mary
8. Different Kind Of Fine
9. Highway 20 Ride
10. It's Not Ok
11. Jolene
12. Sic 'Em On A Chicken

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Violin Intro To Free
2. Chicken Fried
3. Free

FINAL RATING:
2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment