Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Radiohead - The Bends



So, this wasn't Radiohead's first record, but it was the first one I purchased. I have to say, way back when no one really knew who Radiohead was - and I even recall a couple friends giving me crap for buying such a bad album. Well, almost two decades later, this one sits as one of the top of all time to many people out there. I've always been a big fan of them, and I think many people discount their stuff as just pop music or don't put them as a band that will be looked at highly in the future. These guys get regular play on my iPod and that won't change anytime soon. This isn't my favorite album by them either, I think that honor goes to OK Computer. However, I have to respect the one that got me started and that's The Bends. Do yourself a favor and check this out. I have no clue how I'd classify the record in terms of genre, but just give it a listen. It's got a great bluesy feel to it and the lyrics are the type that make you think. Queue this up for your Monday morning work day, you won't regret it.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Planet Telex
2. Bends, The
3. High and Dry
4. Fake Plastic Trees
5. Bones
6. Nice Dream
7. Just
8. My Iron Lung
9. Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was
10. Black Star
11. Sulk
12. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Just
2. High And Dry
3. Fake Plastic Trees

FINAL RATING:
4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment