Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rant #6: "So Much Depends On The Weather"



S-T-P! S-T-P! S-T-P!!!

The Stone Temple Pilots had their much anticipated show at the Rave last Friday. Much doubt surrounded if Scott Weiland would be sober enough to perform, but let me tell you folks - he was amazing! The group I went with was chatting pre-show, and we all thought how this show could either rock our faces off, or it could really be a let down. Thankfully for all of us, it melted our faces off with rock legendry. They busted out of the gates with Vasoline and got the show off on the right foot. Next track turned out to be Crackerman, one of my faves off of Core. All in all, they played for about an hour and a half and played pretty much any hit you could have asked for. The only biggies I remember being left off the set list were Big Bang Baby and Lady Picture Show. The biggest crowd reaction had to have been Plush - or maybe Interstate Love Song (my personal favorite STP track). They also busted out a few new songs from their album scheduled to come out in a month or two. Those songs were also really rockin, and rest assured I'll be reviewing that the day it comes out.

I know I reviewed Core as one of my first blog entries. I know I implored you at that point to check these guys out. For the love of Pete, if you haven't gotten on the STP bandwagon yet - what are you waiting for??? These guys steadily creep up my chart of best band of the 90's everytime I listen to them again. Core, Purple, Tiny Music, No. 4 and Shangri-La Dee Da. Give them all a big time listen. If you don't find a dozen, 12 tracks that you love - I'd be flabbergasted. The amount of folks belting out the tunes with Mr. Weiland at the show made me remember how revolutionary these guys were. They impacted not only me, but seemingly everyone in my age bracket. If they ever come to your area, go to the show. You won't be disappointed. If they come back to Milwaukee or WI anywhere - you'll see me there. I'm guessing my whole group would be in again as well - we had an awesome time.

ROAMIN', ROAMIN', ROAM!

1 comment: