Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Union Underground - An Education In Rebellion



On to round 2 of metal reviews. Maybe this time it's a band you haven't heard of though? That's my hope anyway...as it seems like if I'm rocking out to some Union Underground, no one knows what they heck is happening to them. Just a wave of headbanging, mosh pitting, raw emotion comes over them. Really good beats and guitar on this record, surprises me it didn't see more radio play back in the day. You can probably go buy this album even at Best Buy or something for well under 10 dollars. I think I paid 7 back when it was originally released. Metal fans, check it out - there are at least a couple tracks you'll enjoy. Non metal fans - ehh, maybe sit this one out. I'm not telling you this is exactly gold, but it's not bad. If I ever get to a metal record that just blows my mind, I'll be sure to note that in a review. This is at least less 'shouty' type music, and more focused on actual vocals and heave guitar. A hidden gem perhaps in the metal garage.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Education In Rebellion, An
2. Drivel
3. South Texas Deathride
4. Turn Me On "Mr. Deadman"
5. Until You Crack
6. Killing The Fly
7. Natural High
8. Revolution Man
9. Trip With Jesus
10. Bitter
11. Friend Song, The

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. South Texas Deathride
2. Turn Me On Mr Deadman
3. Killing The Fly

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment