Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Friday, March 5, 2010

Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power



Mama always said don't try to be anything you're not, and I'll admit, I'm not the biggest metal fan in the world. But on the occasion, I do like to pop in something harder like Pantera. I'd put System, Slipknot, Megadeath, Static X and Union Underground in metal-ish bands that I'll review in the future. For now, this album came to me when I was probably 14 or 15. There are some really good hard hitting tracks here, but probably not something for the kids out there. (are kids allowed to follow blogs?) Anyway, this is a classic in its own right. I think for non-metal fans, this is probably the only Pantera album they might know. There are a couple Pantera songs that I really like not on this record, but the other albums I've heard don't seem to match up to what this one offers. The only way to listen to this is very loud, and very obnoxious. Try not to start a mosh pit in your living room.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Mouth for War
2. New Level, A
3. Walk
4. F**king Hostile
5. This Love
6. Rise
7. No Good (Attack the Radical)
8. Live in a Hole
9. Regular People (Conceit)
10. By Demons Be Driven
11. Hollow

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Walk
2. F**king Hostile
3. This Love

FINAL RATING:
4 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. this song reminds me of our high school football team since it used to be their theme song. it's just a shame they were terrible. (guess the song didn't help them much). but after putting it on my ipod recently, i realized this song can help me get through my toughest workouts. when i know i've got something tough to do, i put on this song and i'm done in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming you're talking about 'Walk', which is a fantastic song. Is there no standard anymore???

    I wouldn't have really thought of this as a pump you up type track, but good to know.

    ReplyDelete