Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Self Titled



I just typed out a super long amazing write up for this, and then Blogspot freaked out and I lost everything. So now, angrily - I need to move along with my day.

In short, this record is amazing. My Top 3 tracks are not only for this album, but they can be in the discussion for top 3 tracks ever. The band ended way too early due to tragic events - but their passion and inspiration live on. They've inspired other musicians to make great music and they inspired me to love music. Seriously amazing southern rock with great vocals, passionate singing and phenomenal guitar riffs make Skynyrd a band that everyone could aspire to be. Enjoy some southern comfort on your Saturday!

TRACK LISTING:
1. I Aint the One
2. Tuesdays Gone
3. Gimme Three Steps
4. Simple Man
5. Things Goin On
6. Mississippi Kid
7. Poison Whiskey
8. Free Bird

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Free Bird
2. Simple Man
3. Tuesdays Gone

FINAL RATING:
5+ out of 5 stars

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure my mom has some Lynyrd Skynyrd floating around the house somewhere. I don't think I've heard anything from them before, if I have I probably like it and didn't know it was them. This DOES sound good. I can get into some rock such as this. You made me add this to my Grooveshark playlist. Good going :)

    I know how you feel. I had a long but good comment all type out for one of your posts, think it had to do with rap. Any-who, soon as I type in the captcha thing it said blogger can't process or something and deleted my whole comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skynyrd is awesome. How can you not have heard Free Bird??? That's so amazing to me! Hopefully you enjoy my Top 3. Those are three of my fave songs of all time.

    I found it...blogger saved a copy. Just never reposted it. Maybe some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that you gave it 5+ outta 5. If asked to rate, I would have done likewise. Despite the tragedy of the plane crash, Lynyrd Skynyrd are evergreen and there is no song of their's that you can not like!

    ReplyDelete