Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, March 15, 2010

System Of A Down - Self Titled



Show me some metal rock fans!! System has a bigtime knack for having huge singles on mediocre albums. This is a prime example. There are 2 songs on here especially that I rock out to very often - the rest...ehh. Even if you sit down and really listen to Toxicity, there are about 4 that might blow your socks off, but the rest you either tend to skip over or you listen but are indifferent. I would have reviewed that album first, but I feel this record has the strongest singles of the discography. If there are any big fans out there, do you feel like they lost a little bit of the edge over the years? I don't know, but it kinda seems to me like they've gotten a little softer to the point where right now, I might not even classify them as metal. Regardless, solid couple tracks here - but the overall review will be fairly low. I won't tell you to rush out and buy this one, but instead, listen to the Top 3 - you can even buy only the top 2 I'll list, and you'd probably be happy.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Suite-Pee
2. Know
3. Sugar
4. Suggestions
5. Spiders
6. Ddevil
7. Soil
8. War?
9. Mind
10. Peephole
11. Cubert
12. Darts
13. P.L.U.C.K.

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Spiders
2. Sugar
3. Suite-Pee

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment