Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree



Fall Out Boy not that long ago announced a permanent hiatus...aka, the band is no longer a band. I have to point to this album as both their commanding rise to stardom and also their demise. I knew a lot of people (myself included) that knew of FOB and enjoyed them before this album came out. When this record dropped, everyone and their brother suddenly loved Fall Out Boy. I know I ranted about this once, but then most of the old followers dropped off the map just leaving the 'pop' fans to buy their cd's and go to their shows. The problem with pop fans, is most of them are fickle. They just move on to the next big thing on the radio. FOB never reached the success of Cork Tree with subsequent records, and here we are...standing in the mess that was a pretty decent band. I was never a huge fan, but I have to give credit to this record specifically - because it got people who wouldn't dare listen to punk/emo type music to sit down and enjoy. I don't think you went anywhere in 2005 without hearing Sugar. Who knows what the future will bring for these gents, but until we know more - toss on their best cd available.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued
2. Of All the Gin Joints in All the World
3. Dance, Dance - (remix)
4. Sugar, We're Goin Down - (remix)
5. Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner
6. I've Got a Dark Alley and a Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth (Summer Song)
7. 7 Minutes in Heaven (Atavan Halen)
8. Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year
9. Champagne For My Real Friends, Real Pain For My Sham Friends
10. I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me
11. Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me", A
12. Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying (Do Your Part to Save the Scene and Stop Going to Shows)
13. Xo

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Sugar, We're Goin Down
2. Dance, Dance
3. Of All The Gin Joints

FINAL RATING:
2.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment