Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Kid Cudi - Man On The Moon: The End Of Day



This guy really came out of nowhere...I didn't seem to hear any pre-release stuff from this record and I never heard him on callabos with anyone before Man on the Moon came out. I know he had a mixtape floating around in 2008, but that never made it across my desk to listen to. When Day N Nite first dropped, it was my jam for a couple days, but it didn't really blow my mind. It wasn't jaw dropping enough to make me want to rush out and listen to the record. When I finally got around to it, the album really blew me away. I love when rappers tell a story, and Cudi has made it an art. I'm looking forward to the 'Cudder' album slated to come out this summer. If it's half as good as this record, I'll be very happy. If you've never tried Cudi, at the very least hit up the samples. If you're a hip hop nut, you'll love this record. Give it a whirl, let me know how it flows.

TRACK LISTING:
1. In My Dreams [Cudder Anthem]
2. Soundtrack 2 My Life
3. Simple As...
4. Solo Dolo
5. Heart of a Lion
6. My World
7. Day N Nite
8. Sky Might Fall
9. Enter Galactic
10. Alive
11. Cudi Zone
12. Make Her Say
13. Pursuit of Happiness
14. Hyyerr
15. Up Up & Away

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Pursuit Of Happiness
2. Cudi Zone
3. Soundtrack 2 My Life

FINAL RATING:
4.25 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. YOU'll have to fill m in aka let me listen to him nexy tim we meet up. since the man i watchin me an all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob peterman. I think you'll really enjoy Cudi. I don't have the full album, so I can play the 4 or 5 tracks I do have.

    ReplyDelete