Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Eels - Beautiful Freak



There is no question in my mind that the Eels are the best band you're not listening to. Every single Eels record out there is extremely well put together and has the creativity flowing that you just don't find in the popular genre. This review takes me all the way back to 1996 when the grunge revolution was still in full force. Maybe way back when you heard Novocaine on the radio or on MTV, but if you didn't check this full record out, you did yourself a huge disservice. Start to finish, this is one of my favorites of all time. This is another group that I put into my hodgepodge type genre because they don't really fit into anything I can pre-label. This cd is only like $7 dollars at Best Buy and well worth the price. If you're still skeptical, check out the samples below and make your call there. I'm fairly positive you'll enjoy it though, no matter what genre fits you best. They've got 4 or 5 other really solid albums out there, and of course I'll get to those in due time as well. Until then, enjoy the classic!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Novocaine for the Soul
2. Susan's House
3. Rags to Rags
4. Beautiful Freak
5. Not Ready Yet
6. My Beloved Monster
7. Flower
8. Guest List
9. Mental
10. Spunky
11. Your Lucky Day in Hell
12. Manchild

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Beautiful Freak
2. Flower
3. My Beloved Monster

FINAL RATING:
4.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment