Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Fatboy Slim - You've Come A Long Way, Baby



Wow...so I'm going to tell you straight up, flat out - I LOVE THIS RECORD! I honestly could listen to this over and over and over. It's not like I go out of my way to listen to dance/techno type stuff often, but I can be in any mood and this gets my toes tapping. When I profiled Daft Punk before, I credited them to turning me on to techno type music, but I might have to overwrite that by saying Fatboy really started the process. 'Rockafeller Skank' was the big song at the time, but I don't think that's even going to make the illustrious top 3 list. I think I own every album Fatboy has ever produced, and this one is far and away my favorite. Don't be afraid to pick up other stuff by him though, especially the Normal Cook Collection. He really has a lot of great stuff out there. Right about now, the funk soul brotha check it out now!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Right Here, Right Now
2. Rockafeller Skank, The
3. In Heaven
4. Gangster Tripping
5. Build It Up - Tear It Down
6. Kalifornia
7. Soul Surfing
8. You're Not From Brighton
9. Praise You
10. Love Island
11. Acid 8000

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Listing:
1. Right Here, Right Now
2. Praise You
3. Love Island

**Very close number 4. Gangster Tripping**

FINAL RATING:
4.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment