Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Rage Against The Machine - Self Titled




Rage is one of those bands that everyone seems to enjoy, but no one ever really talks about. I won't use the word 'underrated', because I don't think that fits...maybe under appreciated? Regardless, I really love me some Rage. This is just one of the many great albums they produced, and possibly my favorite. I'd have to listen to them all again, but this one always sticks out to me. It's too bad that they broke up and many of the guys moved on to sub par bands. I do enjoy Tom Morello and work in Audioslave, but that's a different post. This is one of the few bands whose political prowess doesn't really get to me. They did some crazy stuff, but it was always worth the price of fantastic music. I'm hoping they return to the midwest again sometime, as I'd love to see them live. Until then, throw back on the self titled and sing it loud and proud in the car.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Bombtrack
2. Killing in the Name
3. Take the Power Back
4. Settle for Nothing
5. Bullet in the Head
6. Know Your Enemy
7. Wake Up
8. Fistful of Steel
9. Township Rebellion
10. Freedom

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Township Rebellion
2. Wake Up
3. Bombtrack

FINAL RATING:
4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment