Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lady Gaga - The Fame



Devotees may recall my distaste for one Lady Gaga...and more or less, I was challenged that I'd never actually listened to her album. So I did, and here goes my review. To put it nicely, this really isn't my kind of music. Now on the poll, it looks like a few of you do enjoy pop music, so I'll post some reviews on the blog. I may not give them very favorable reviews, or it could just be Gaga. The songs are catchy, and they surely get stuck in your head for hours. But there is really no lyrical content, and the beats are easily surpassed by those in any average hip hop record. I'm sure there are pop artists that have more to say, and I look forward to hearing who those artists are that I can review. I'm probably going to give Beyonce a whirl in the near future. "I'ma let you finish..."...oh nevermind. Anyway, for those pop lovers - this one's for you. For me, this was just a bad romance. HA!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Just Dance - (featuring Colby O'Donis)
2. LoveGame
3. Paparazzi
4. Poker Face
5. Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
6. Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
7. Fame, The
8. Money Honey
9. Starstruck - (featuring Flo Rida/Space Cowboy)
10. Boys Boys Boys
11. Paper Gangsta
12. Brown Eyes
13. I Like It Rough
14. Summerboy

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Paparazzi
2. Money Honey
3. Poker Face

FINAL RATING:
2.5 out of 5 stars

5 comments:

  1. wow. i can't believe this showed up on here. i'll be waiting for the ke$ha review soon...

    love the gaga! not so much the outfits or the general weirdness...but who can't go for a little poker face now and then? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably will post something about Ke$ha soon, I couldn't find links to her samples though. I'm sure it'll be another average to poor review though. I'll give it a chance, just like I did Gaga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the general love for Gaga goes beyond just the music. It is that she dares to push the boundaries of performance and allows herself to get dirty and ugly. She doesn't act like the cookie cutter cute pop-star or like the typical "woman" that allows herself to be dominated by the music label. She seems to do her own thing and makes fun music that I enjoy listening too. She has AMAZING musical talent if you look into her history. I would agree that the lyrics aren't always the deepest, but most of them have deeper meanings. IDK. I love Gaga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fair post. I think I don't know her as an individual, just what I reviewed on this album. It's possible that I could like what she stands for and how she approaches the industry. I'm just not a huge fan of this record. She's done some stuff with rappers that I enjoyed, especially when she made fun of Poker Face on Cudi's album.

    I intend on reviewing Fame Monster soon, and hopefully there will be more substance there. And maybe one day I'll do a rant just on her - after I do more research on her history and her values.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. زيادة متابعين تيك توك

    ReplyDelete